The government of India is now going to ramp up the process of corona vaccination but before this, the period between the second dose after the first dose of the vaccine for Covishield was 28 days but now it has been increased to about 12 to 16 weeks. In such a situation, those who had taken the first dose of the vaccine, they had to take the second dose after 28 days through registration but now after the period is rescheduled, many people will not be aware that the second dose will be less.After the government has extended the period between the first and second doses, those who have taken the 1st dose will have to make an appointment for the 2nd dose via cowin app or portal. As this appointment is not going to be booked automatically through the app and you have to do this manually.
Covid Vaccine 2nd Dose Registration
During the coronavirus vaccination period, Covishield vaccine appointments are now only scheduled 12 weeks later. According to the Indian government, the online appointment for the second dose of Covishield will be made in 84 days. At the same time, the government stated that people who have booked a second dose of Covishield will not affect it and those who now want to do appointment can do only after 84 days. In view of the long interval between two doses of Covishield vaccine, the CoWIN digital portal is also making changes. As the Cowin Digital Portal is making the necessary changes to show the 12 to 16 week difference between the two Covishield doses. The online appointment did in advance for the second dose of Covishield will be valid and will not be cancelled by Cowin.
There has been no change in the duration of the Covaxin Vaccine manufactured by Bharat Biotech, but the period between the 1st and 2nd doses of the Covishield manufactured by SII has been increased. Now after getting the 1st dose of vaccine, you will be given the 2nd dose of Covishield after about 12 to 16 weeks and this period has been extended only after the advice of the National Technical Advisory Group on Immunization. Because they believed that the infected person is not getting much effectiveness when given the vaccine within a gap of 28 days. In such a situation, a good effect of the vaccine will be seen if a second dose is given at the 12 to 16 week gap.
Covid Vaccine 2nd Dose- Things to remember
- Schedule the same vaccine as your first dose.
- The second dose of covaxin should be given 28-42 days after the first dose.
- A second dose of Covishield should be given between 84 and 112 days
- After the first dose, a second dose of Sputnik V is given between 21 and 90 days after the first dose.
Steps to do Covid 2nd Dose Registration Online
Lakhs of people are facing corona infection in India and in such a situation many people want to get corona vaccine for protection.The Indian government has begun to vaccinate people under 45 years old and over 18 years old. If you still cannot register, today we will tell you how to register for free through Cowin.gov.in. Anyone over the age of 18 can register by visiting the Cowin portal. To do this, you don’t need to spend too much time or fill in lengthy forms, but you can register by filling in some important information and guys do note that no fees will be charged during registration. As you have already registered on cowin app when you took appointment for the 1st dose. If it is not then follow the below steps:
- If you want to register for Corona Vaccine, then browse cowin.gov.in via your mobile/laptop etc.
- After this Registrations/Sign in yourself will flash on the screen, click on it.
- A new screen will display on your device, in which Registrations/Sign in for vaccinations will be marked, below that type your mobile number and after this you will receive an OTP, which you have to enter.
- After this, the registration portal will open, in which fill all the information asked and in the ID card, fill in the card information of the one that you want to take with you during the vaccination.
Appointment Date and Process for Second Dose of Covid 19
- After registering for the the vaccine (if needed) you will see dose 2 written below your name and other information,
- Then below it will be the option of schedule, click on it.
- After this, the option of Schedule Now will appear on the screen, click on it.
- After this, you will get the option to type the PIN number, type the PIN code on it and click on Search.
- After this, information about the day and close vaccine centers for 2nd dose will be revealed in front of you, which you can choose according to your choice.
Covid Vaccine 2nd Dose Registration- FAQ
No need to register again on cowin app if you have taken the first Dose appointment via online as when you login the website you will get the option for 2nd dose only.
cowin.gov.in is the only website where you can take Appointment Date and Process for Second Dose of Covid 19